School Office & Administration Professionel
We are looking for a motivated and experienced office professional to join our office team starting 10/18/2021 to work in both the school secretary’s office and our school’s administrative office.
Depending on your preference, we can offer a part-time or full-time position (35 to 40 hours per week). Working hours begin at 7:30 a.m.
- General office activities (e.g. reception services, in person at the reception and by telephone, correspondence, incoming mail, filing, processing orders, cash register).
- Administrative activities in the school and kindergarten sector (e.g. attendance, student/child files, student forms, student/child database, school intranet, locker management, lunch and snack accounting).
- Communication with parents, children, staff (German/English), authorities (German) and external partners (mainly German).
- Responsibility for accounts receivable: calculation of annual school fees for students, maintenance of accounting with district offices and support of parents in applying for childcare vouchers, preparatory accounting for the tax office monthly and payment reminders to parents.
- Supporting activities for the assistant manager and the management.
- Supporting activities for the school and kindergarten leadership teams.
- Processing school registrations and contracts.
- Tasks in the area of property management for the institution-owned properties (e.g. contact with building services and housekeeping, cleaning, external companies, transponder programming and management for locking system).
- Processing of insurance claims.
- Support in the organization and preparation of school festivals and other school events.
- Supporting activities for the personnel accounting department.
- After familiarization with school procedures: support in the organization of substitution for teachers and educators.
After you have been trained in our office, school and administrative procedures and processes, you will be assigned your own areas of responsibility. Our school life regularly offers new projects that can be taken on in addition to the recurring tasks and are distributed within the office team according to competencies and interests. Thus, the job remains varied and challenging.
Have you completed training as an office administrator or training as a foreign language secretary? In addition, you have a solid background in both office and administrative activities as well as in customer contact, with MS Office (especially Excel, Word, Outlook) and MS Teams? You are very familiar and open to new digital application programs?
You have native level language skills in German or English and good language skills in the other language? You also have organizational talent, team spirit, commitment, communication skills, willingness to learn, flexibility and independence?
Then you are exactly right with us!
Here are 15 great reasons for your application .
- Our bilingual school (German/English) offers a vibrant and culturally diverse community of values with people from all around the world.
- Responsibility, independence, respect, tolerance, self-confidence and gender equality are values that we live by every single day.
- We are a relatively small team and a manageable school community. Fostering a pleasant and friendly learning and working atmosphere is a matter close to our heart.
- Teamwork is very important to us!
- Newcomers at Platanus Schule Berlin will of course receive our full attention and support.
- We will help you in learning German or English.
- Your professional development is important to us: We encourage participation in internal and external training courses or evaluations in both financial and organisational respects.
- You are welcome to implement your own ideas and personal interests in a varied and diverse work life.
- We are open to your constructive feedback on everyday work life and appreciate your life and professional experience in our joint work.
- Having your own work laptop for the duration of your employment, as well as reliable technical support and a well-equipped workplace, will create optimal working conditions.
- We are concerned to respond to individual needs and take into account your wishes when planning your vacation.
- And even if mistakes happen, you can always feel safe with us, because we maintain an open error culture with respectful interaction with each other.
- Diversity@Platanus: Regardless of age, gender, origin or religion, or other personal characteristics, we welcome all people who respect our values.
- Sustainability and environmental protection play a major role in our everyday work. We try to meet our responsibility for future generations and to make our educational facilities as climate neutral as possible.
- We simply enjoy working together!
Of course, we can think of more reasons, but we would like to tell you in a personal conversation and get to know you.
We look forward to meeting you!
Platanus Schule Berlin
Dr. Karen Krüger (Managing Director)
Berliner Straße 12