Our school fees are based on the family income. Thus we make it possible for many children and young people with different family backgrounds to attend our school. In our community we attach great importance to equal opportunities and social diversity.
Our school tuition payment structure:
- Tuition payments are the same for all children in the Gemeinschaftsschule, from grades 1 to 10.
- The amount of the school fee for the first child is calculated from the total annual gross income of the parents/contractual partners with custody. Please use our tuition calculator on this page.
- For your second child and each additional child at Platanus Schule Berlin, the monthly tuition payment will be 100 EUR.
- After a child has been part of our community for 4 years, whether in the Platanus kindergarten, the lara.kita and/or in Platanus Schule Berlin, they will receive a loyalty discount of 50 EUR from the 5th year.
- The monthly parental fees amount to at least 100€ per child, even if sibling and/or loyalty discounts apply.
Additional to the tuition payments are costs for after school care (Years 3-6), meals, general material costs (Years 1-10), class trips, additonal teaching and working materials for secondary school (Years 7-10).
Questions and Answers regarding the Costs
- In primary school (Years 1 to 6): The costs for lunch are waived due to the Berlin Senate’s regulation on free lunch. There remains 12 EUR per month for the afternoon snack. Currently, until further notice and due to Corona regulations, the snack is provided by the parents and the 12 EUR per month are omitted.
- In secondary school (Years 7 to 10): 83.00 EUR per month, of which 69.00 EUR for lunch (i.e. 4.36 EUR on approx. 190 school days per year distributed over 12 months). The afternoon snack costs 14 EUR per month (i.e. 0.90 EUR per snack on approx. 190 school days distributed over 12 months). Currently, until further notice and due to Corona regulations, the snack is provided by the parents and the 14 EUR per month are omitted.
The lunch will be delivered by the catering company “Löwenzahn”, the snack in the afternoon will normally be prepared by our housekeeper in the school and Sugar-free drinks and fresh fruit or vegetables are available to the students in the cafeteria throughout the day. Unfortunately we are currently not allowed to provide drinks, fruit or the snack due to the hygiene Corona requirements of the health and school authorities.
- Years 1 to 10: 95.00 EUR per year – collective fund for work equipment, class fund, entrance fees and solidarity contribution
- Years 7 to 10: 100.00 EUR per year – participation in teaching and learning materials
- Excursions and class trips
- Optional: special extra-curricular activities of co-operation partners (e.g. climbing, swimming, individual instrumental lessons)
Parents will be asked to sign an additional contract for additional activities and care. You can apply for vouchers (the EFöB-Gutschein) at the Jugendamt (initially for 1st through 4th grade, and then again for 5th and 6th grade).
The amount of money that parents must pay for before and after school care is not included in the tuition payments and is subject to Berlin law. The amount is set by the EFöB-Kostenbescheid of the Berliner Senatsverwaltung and is further dependent on the extent of extra care, the income of the parents and the number of siblings attending the school. Since the 2019/20 school year, the parent’s sharing for Years 1 and 2 was being omitted.
For one child per family and after school care from 1:30 pm to 6 pm, parents currently pay 16 to 194 Euros.
You can always contact our school office for further information.
Per 15 minute club duration, there will be a participation fee of 40 EUR per school year (e. g. 160 EUR for a 60 minutes clubs over the whole school year).
Case pending, the costs for the pre- and post-school care can be tax deductable if parents depend on the additional child care hours to be able to work. These costs are only tax deductable, if the child resides in the home of the parent in question and has not yet turned 14. If both parents work, and the child is raised by a single parent, then 2/3 of the additional child care costs can be tax deductable, maximum deduction is 4.000 EUR per child, per year.
Any information about tax deduction is subject to change and we assume no liablitity. Please contact your accountant with more detailed questions.