During our fortnightly project days, the students busy themselves with interesting, relevant real life and school based themes, with a focus on:
- our emphasis of bilingualism/languages and MINT (Mathematics/IT/Natural Sciences/Technology)
- cross-curricular themes from the new Berlin Curriculum, for example equality and equal rights, intercultural education, sustainable development
- Years 5–10: Work & Travel
In project work, independent and self-organized learning is particularly important to us.
We undertake excursions, visit special places of learning and enter into cooperation with external institutions, institutes and companies which we visit on our project days. We attach particular importance to practical learning and workshop work and give our secondary school students active career and life orientation.
We encourage them to take responsibility and play an active part in shaping school life, e.g. through sponsorships, activities and assuming responsibility at festivals and school events.
How are the project days organised?
Due to the fortnightly project days, lessons are reduced to 40 minutes from the regular 45 minutes.
- On Thursday in Years 1-4
- On Wednesday in Years 5-10
- 4 hours in Years 1 and 2
- 5 hours in Years 3–10
- with 1 or 2 subject teachers and in years 1 to 6 frequently with accompanying Class Erzieher*in.