Wanted: Committed young people!
We are looking for motivated young people for a voluntary social year to complete our international team in our bilingual primary and secondary school, starting now and in school year 2024/25.
What does FSJ mean: Usually, a voluntary social year is carried out after leaving school as part of a vocational orientation phase to get to know the work of educators and teachers at a accredited regular school.
You will support us in our work with children from Year 1 to Year 6 during lessons and Ganztag. In order to make the school day as varied as possible for the children and to make the work pleasant and smooth for all of us, the enthusiasm and commitment of all staff members is very important – including yours as an FSJ! To be able to work with us, you must speak German or English at a native level or at least have passed a language test C1 with “very good” and be able to prove it. We would also like you to have at least a B2 level in the other language.
If you would like to gain your first work experience and broaden your horizons in a small but international community, then join us for a year!
Your Tasks (by arrangement)
- To help the teacher/Erzieher during teaching and learning time
- To assist as a 2nd or 3rd person for the children during swimming, sport lessons or for excursions
- Participation in breakfast and lunch breaks
- Helping to supervise the free play in the afternoons
- The organisation and implementation of an afternoon club alongside a teacher/Erzieher
- Completing small shopping trips for materials used in our work with the children
- Participation in team training days, team celebrations, staff and team consultations, and occasionally by appointment on Saturdays, e.g. Einschulungsfeier (First Day of School) or Magic Movie Night
- Support and active participation in the organisation and preparation of festivals and celebrations, e.g. Halloween, sports day, Christmas concert
- Creative work with the children, e.g. designing of posters and collages
- Support for administrative tasks in the school office
Ideas and initiative are always welcome! Please note that we cannot help you find a flat or assist you in moving to Berlin. If you are interested, please send your application to the organisation of your choice! At our school, your contact person and person in charge is our Head of Co-Curricular Enrichment Program, Mr. Lars Lüer.
We are looking forward to meeting you!
Platanus Schule Berlin
Lars Lüer (Head of Co-Curricular Enrichment Program)
Berliner Straße 12