Nous cherchons : Professeur•e de français!
We are looking for an experienced and motivated French teacher for the next school year 2024/25 starting 26.08.2024 for grades 11 to 13 in full or part time (30 to 40 hours per week) to complete our international team. It is also required that you can speak German and English at least at B2 level.
- Our bilingual school (German/English) offers a vibrant and culturally diverse community with people from all around the world.
- Responsibility, independence, respect, tolerance, self-confidence and gender equality are values that we live by every single day.
- Our comprehensive, modern educational approach aims to motivate students to learn actively and independently.
- Class sizes are small, usually no more than 24 students per class.
- We are a relatively small team and a caring and open school community. Fostering a pleasant and friendly learning and working atmosphere is a matter close to our heart.
- We place great emphasis on teamwork! Team teaching or support teaching in more than half of the lessons in almost all subjects and peer observations mean professional cooperation and more time to meet the individual needs of the students.
- We value our entire team as professionals. This means teachers and Erziehers are equals within our school.
- Newcomers at Platanus Schule Berlin will of course receive our full attention and support. Each new colleague will have a mentor within the school to help them navigate and adjust to our school.
- We will support you in improving your German or English.
- Your professional development is important to us: We encourage participation in internal and external professional development courses by supporting you financially as well as making it organizationally possible for you to attend courses.
- You are welcome to implement your own ideas and personal interests in various aspects of our school life – in lessons and in Ganztag and our holiday programmes.
- We are open to your constructive feedback on everyday school life and appreciate your life and professional experience in our work together.
- A personal work laptop, a Platanus e-mail address, reliable IT support, stable WLAN and a spacious, well-equipped area for our employees create optimal working conditions.
- We offer teachers a reduction in lesson hours for classroom teachers, heads of department and taking on additional tasks.
- Working time is living time! We try to respond to individual needs and take into account your own personal work-life balance when creating timetables. In addition, we offer the children of our employees preferential admission to our Platanus Kindergarten or to the lara.kita, our cooperation partner. Of course, there is also the possibility of admission to Platanus Schule Berlin, subject to availability of school places as well as language and academic qualifications.
- Remuneration is paid according to our in-house tariff with 6 pay grade levels corresponding to those in the public service (pay group E13). We also offer other attractive financial benefits.
- Mistakes happen and you can always feel safe with us – because we maintain an open Fehlerkultur with respectful interaction with each other.
- Diversity@Platanus: Regardless of age, gender, origin or religion, or other personal characteristics, we welcome all people who respect our values.
- Sustainability and environmental protection play a major role in our everyday work. We try to meet our responsibility for future generations and to make our educational facilities as climate neutral as possible.
- We simply enjoy working together!
Of course, we can think of even more reasons, but we would be happy to share them with you in a personal conversation and get to know you.
We look forward to meeting you!
Platanus Schule Berlin
Dr. Karen Krüger (Managing Director)
Berliner Straße 12